What are the care options for my elderly relative whilst I go on holiday?
As a carer for an elderly relative at home, part-time or full-time, it’s essential to take some time off from caring to care for yourself. It offers the chance to enjoy some time alone or with friends, partake in a class or activity of interest or simply take a break. The main concern of anyone in this situation is not ‘where shall we go?’ but ‘who will look after mum/dad whilst we are away?’
Services designed to take the strain out of caring are available in West Sussex. Often referred to as respite care, trained care workers can be there to care for your loved one when you need a break the most.
Comfort Keepers™ based in Worthing offers various care and support services which are customised to meet the needs of an elderly family member. They go that one step further by taking the time to meet and understand you and your loved one’s needs and creating a tailored care plan with a focus on improving the quality of life for your loved one.
They offer four different types of care services which can be personalised in order to meet the requirements and preferences of your loved one at any time:
• Companion Care Services – our trained carers can assist with household tasks such as basic housekeeping, meal preparation, laundry and grocery shopping. Perhaps most of all, their care workers are there to engage your loved one in social activities and past times.
• Personal Care Services – Comfort Keepers® helps your loved one feel and look their best by attending to bathing, dressing, toileting and all essential personal needs.
• Stoma Care Services – their care team is fully trained in the care required for ileostomy, colostomy and urostomy care.
• Dementia Care Services – their professional care workers have been trained specifically in the needs of the elderly person with Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
• Live-in Services and 24-hour care – where there is a need for care 24 hours around the clock, their compassionate care workers offer flexibility through living in the home as necessary to offer a coherent and quality care solution.
Keeping updated whilst on holiday
Unique to Comfort Keepers® is its Family-Connect-Programme which keeps you in touch with how your loved one is doing via the website, designated family members can access daily visit updates 24/7 and truly take the doubt and fear out of the distance you may have apart.
At Comfort Keepers®, our expertise is in home care for the elderly and we enable our clients to stay happy and independent at home. Trust in our consistent, high quality home care services for older people and other adults. We can help guide you through the decision process, access our guide to care options. For one-on-one advice, ring us on 01903 691762.